By: Samaria M Colbert
Working from home here are some helpful supplies you may need at affordable prices.
1. Laptop: I know we all have them but some don't. I met a young lady Wednesday who works in a call center. She told me that they sent all their employees home and required them to use their own equipment. So she had to purchase a laptop at the last minute. You can find great deals for cheap at the pawnshop. The picture below is similar to the one I just purchased from the pawnshop. Works great. For those who only use Apple products, the pawnshop has them as well. America Pawn or Cash America is a great place to start.
2. A good office chair is an investment. I have this one in black. Try a Sealy Posturepedic or Serta brand. They can get expensive but trust me your button and your back will greatly appreciate you. Walmart has them, then try office Max or office-based retail provider. Once you try it you will notice the difference.
3. If you have an older model laptop with no camera, you may not have to invest in another laptop consider this logic tech camera. It should cost under 30. dollars. Because I have multiple systems I have this as well. Perfect for video conferences and a clearer picture if your laptop camera quality is poor.
4. You probably don't need a mic as most computer microphones work well. However consider a Yeti mic if you have problems with your sound quality. If you are doing any type of recording or podcast a good microphone is a must. Yeti's can get expensive but they are considered one of the best. You need to have good sound quality.
5. Therapists use sound machines regularly, some call them noise-canceling machines. These help create white noise and they block out sounds from outside. So if you have a house full of people, you may want to consider getting one. They are 50 dollars or less. Unfortunately, I had a hard time finding it in stores so I had to order from Amazon. They may have them at Bath and Beyond. Look for it, if you can find it. Also check the baby section of many retail stores. They are also used for new baby's who need noise-canceling machines to help them sleep.
Of course, you don't have to purchase these items. Fortunately, I had many things on hand but I will say they create for a more comfortable and professional environment for doing business.