Advice For Aspiring Writers
1. Do it now! Write Now! Don't let fear and insecurity stop you from pursuing a desire God has placed in your heart.
2. You will find your voice as you write. You don't have to have it all figured out from start to finished.
3. Writing is a ministry just like any other ministry. Holy Spirit will anoint your words and accelerate your progress. The more you do it the better you'll get at it.
4. Don't write because you want to make money, write because your inner voice won't shut up until you do. Eventually increase will come. I have to write, I need to write. (Seriously!)
5. Don't worry about who doesn't believe in your dream, eventually they will get it. It is not your responsibility to prove yourself to anybody.
6. Everyone has a story, everyone is not a writer. Just because someone has published a book doesn't mean they are a writer. If you are passionate about it then more than likely you are a writer.
7. Content, content, content. You can typeset, marginalize, and increase font to make little content seem like much, however at the end of the day your book shouldn't need all that if you have enough content. If you don't have enough to have a full book, work with a ghost writer, keep at it or hire writing services to get it where it needs to be.
Believe it! Content is what gets you taken seriously by other professionals and keeps the reader coming back for more.
The bottom line is your book should look like a book, not a pamphlet or a brochure.
It is the same if you want to publish a workbook. Workbooks that I use in my practice are typically over 100 pages or more. A workbook should definately be more than 10 pages or it is not a workbook.
Google: industry standards for books and follow suite.
8. Yes people do judge a book by its cover but don't worry about all that for now. You can have a great cover with nothing inside, you still have no book.
9. You don't have to pay anyone to publish your book. You do need an editor and someone to help with a cover design.
10. Don't give up! Stop procrastinating! What are you waiting on?
It is really fear that stops us, not lack of motivation!
Psalm 45:1 (NKJV)
45 My heart is overflowing with a good theme;I recite my composition concerning the King;My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.