PART III KINGDOM CONVERSATIONS, COLLABORATION AND COORDINATION
Posted by Samaria Maria Colbert on March 18, 2019 at 1:15 PM Delete delete Overlays edit
1. It is God's will that we work together. Proverbs 27:17, and Ephesians 4 two are better than one. However, that doesn't mean you get to collaboration because you want to. You DO have to meet certain standards as it relates to business etiquette. How you conduct yourself in life and in business will determine whether or not other successful business owners will work with you.
2. What is your previous experience? (List of completed work) "I have been through a lot in my life" doesn't qualify you for collaboration, nor does being a nice person. If you have completed no previous works you are NOT ready for collaboration periodt!
3. Friends are not always good business partners.
4. Categorize what position you need. Some are asking for partnership and you really need a mentor. At KCC we are actually seeing real clients, we have real bills for our business, and we cash real checks. So you if you come to Samaria M Colbert with nothing you don't want to partner you need a mentor.
5. Talking too much does not impress a successful business owner it only shows your insecurity. Learn to shut up and listen to people who are more successful than you.
6. Time is a investment, if you waste someone's money they may be able to get that back, if you waste their time that may not be something we can get back. Don't ask people for their time if you have nothing of value to contribute to it. BTW: Value is not the same as money.
7. Learn humility, and respect it will get you further than pride. Be honest with where you are in life and what you need. Entitlement is distasteful and gets you closed doors.
8. Learn how to handle a no gracefully. Sometimes a no doesn't mean no forever but no not right now. There are people I will NEVER work with because I had to say "no not right now." They responded distastefully even though I had no issue with them. Because they responded with disrespect, assumptions, pride, arrogance and disillusionment as to why I should work with you in the first place it's a no forever, ever and ever.
9. Bosses and bums don't work together. Govern your life accordingly. Meaning grow from it.
10. Criteria for collaboration with a real boss.
-Are you teachable?
-Do you intentionally offend or are offensive?
-Do they submit to godly authority in their regular life?
-Do they understand protocol?
-What have they accomplished in the past?
-Do they have a clear vision for their lives BEFORE meeting with a potential partner?
-Are they humble and respectful?
Bonus: Don't reach out to a potential speaker until you are clear about the event, date, time and venue. It looks very unprofessional.
Do not refer to anyone as "sweetie, hunny." in business. It is very unprofessional and disrespectful.
Confirm it with the Holy Spirit. No it is not being to deep. Holy Spirit reveals. He will help you in ALL areas including your business.
Want to know more: Listen to the playback Part III: Kingdom Collaboration, Conversation and Coordination. Click the Youtube tab to be redirected.