Numbers 9:15-23, Isaiah 60: 1,2, 19
-Cloud covered the tabernacle
Tent of testimony
-From evening till morning it was above the tabernacle like the appearance of fire.
-Cloud covered it by day; and the appearance of fire by night.
Appearance of fire by night
17. Whenever the cloud was taken up from above the tabernacle, after that (then) the children of Israel would journey on (keep on walking)
-Where the cloud settled (became still) that was where the children of Israel would pitch their tents.
-This is the rest of God.
18. But it was only at the command of the Lord (voice or proclamation that the people of Israel would journey on. (keep walking), it was only at the command of the voice would they camp. (rest, and pitch their tents)
19.Even when the cloud continued long, many days above the tabernacle, the children of Israel kept the charge (command of God) of the Lord.
-they didn’t just follow the cloud, they still had to wait for the command (voice) of God to move forward.
-It is not enough to just have the glory cloud hover over you, you must still wait on the command of God (voice of God)
20. When the cloud was above the tabernacle according to the command of the Lord they either stayed or journeyed on.
21. When the cloud remained they remained. When the cloud was taken up, whether day or night whenever the cloud was taken up they would move on, but not without the command of God.
22. No matter how long whether it was two days, a month, a year, the cloud remained (stayed still) over the tabernacle.
-The children of Israel would remain
-But it when it was taken up they journeyed on.
23. At the command of the Lord they’d either stayed or moved forward, but not without the command first.
Exodus 16: 10 The glory of the Lord appeared in the cloud
Exodus 16:11 And then the Lord spoke
The Lord would send His glory cloud first then He’d speak.
He never spoke absent from His Glory hovering first.
We know this to be the pattern of God from the beginning.
Genesis 1:2 darkness was on the face of the earth. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
3. Then God said……Then God spoke
The cloud hovered, then God spoke.
It is not enough for the Glory to hover over you, wait to hear the command before you move. Be still until He speaks.
Numbers 20: 6, 7
-The glory appeared
-Then the Lord spoke
-People get excited when the glory comes but wait for the command.
-Then God gives the divine strategy.
Exodus 19: 9,12, 13
-Behold I come to you (Moses) in a thick cloud, so that my people may hear when I speak to you.
12. You shall set bounds (boundaries) all around
13. whoever touches the mountain shall be put to death
19. And the Lord answered by a voice.
When you are called to manifest the glory (sit in heavenly places) you must set boundaries between you and other people who God has not assigned, they can’t handle the weight of the glory.
Not that your being super spiritual or snobby, but you can’t take people into the glory that is not allowed by God.
God only give certain people access to His glory.
It was not by mistake that in Exodus 33:9-11, Moses would go to the tabernacle the only person allowed to be with him was Joshua.
Moses was a married man, was surrounded by millions of people, had a brother named Aaron, sister named Miriam but the only person allowed in the glory was Joshua.
Even then when God first gave the command for Moses to go up to Mount Sinai there was no mention of Joshua. (He apparently wasn't allowed into the glory with Moses untill later on in the picture.) God told him to set boundaries in vs. 19 its not until vs 33 did we hear of Joshua being in the temple with Moses.
Set bounds (boundaries) around the mountain and consecrate it. (to separate, make holy before God) (to set precedent or and atmosphere for the glory cloud to hover and then His voice to speak.)
-it is holiness that set precedents and atmosphere for the glory cloud to hover and His voice to speak.
Moses says show me your way
-Many people want the Glory, but not His ways. (divine order, command, road map)
Moses says so I may know you, your ways and find grace in your sight.
14: God says: My presence will go with you and I will give you rest.
16: covered by the hand of God.
Exodus 34: 3
God again says
3. Don’t take anyone with you, let anyone be seen through the mountain, let no flocks or no herds feed
2. So be ready in the morning
5. The Lord descended in the cloud and stood with Him there, and proclaimed (commanded) (to give divine order of strategy) (revealed His attributes)
-Moses face shined so much the people of Israel would not come near Moses to talk with him so he had to veil his face.
The glory is the detractor. The anointing will cause people to not want to be near you, while drawing you to a closer relationship with God.
Exodus 40- tabernacle of the tent of meetings
God is giving the instructions for the tabernacle.
3. Put in the testimony, and partition it off the ark with the veil.
4. Arrange for things to be sent in order.
-Put different things in the tabernacle that had a specific assigned place. (bring tables and arrange things, set the gold of the incense and so on.)
9. You shall take the anointing oil, and anoint the tabernacle and utensils. It shall be holy.
Holy-means to set apart, consecrate, to be used for a specific purpose for God.
Exodus 40:34-38 The cloud and the glory
-Again the cloud covered the tabernacle
-The glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle. The cloud hovered over the tabernacle.
35. The cloud rested above it, the glory filled the tabernacle, so much so that Moses was not able to enter.
36. When the cloud was taken up from above the children of Israel would keep moving.
37. But if the glory was not taken up they would not move until it was taken up.
38. Cloud by day, fire by nights. Through out their entire journey.
Leviticus 1: God gives Moses instructions concerning the tabernacle. Gave them instructions concerning the law and offerings.
1. The Glory is risen upon you
2. Darkness shall cover the earth and deep darkness the people.
-Remember the pattern from Genesis 1:2
2.The earth was without form and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. Then His spirit hovered.
But now the pattern changes in Isaiah because God is saying you are now a recipient of My Glory.
But the Lord will arise over you.
And the Glory will be seen upon you.
On you and upon you.
5. Then you shall see and become radiant
-sons and daughter will come to you
-wealth shall cover you.
7. they shall ascend with my acceptance.
And I will glorify the house of my glory.
17: Therefore arise prepare yourself, and speak to all of them all that I command.
9. Then the Lord put forth His hand and touched Jeremiahs mouth saying “Behold I put my words in your mouth”.
Then we see another shift in patterns now the voice is being placed inside a human temple.
Jeremiah 20: 9, 10
9. But His word was in my heart like a burning fire, shut up in my bones. I was weary (ill, distraught, sick) of holding it back and I cannot.
Psalms 29: 3-9
3.The voice of the Lord is over the waters;
The Glory thunders
The Lord is over many waters
4.The voice of the Lord is powerful
The voice of the Lord is full of majesty
My sheep know my voice
But who can carry His glory?
-those that belong to Him.
Now another shift happens with the new testament (new covenant)
-the glory now hovers over you
-then He will speak to you through the glory cloud
-then He will give you a divine strategy.
-He will tell you what to do, and how to do it.
-He will reveal to you His ways.
-His glory will shine through you
-Most of all He will do to you what He did to Jeremiah He will put His words in you. Now you become the mouth peace of God.
-So now the glory is in you.
-According to the New Testament. You are the temple (tabernacle)
-You are the temple of the Holy Ghost.
-Moses had to go into the temple to hear the voice of God, after the glory hovered over the temple.
I Corinthians 3:16, 17
16. Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the spirit of God dwells in you?
-One characteristic of the glory is that it dwells.
17. If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple are you?
-Same pattern different temple.
-You are the temple.
11 Corinthians 3:18
18. But we are all, with unveiled face, beholding as a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image of glory to glory, just as by the spirit the Lord.
-this is the glory of the new covenant.
-not only are we glory carriers we now become His voice on the earth.
-we are His ambassadors, to execute His kingdom on earth.
-the old testament is flesh, while the new testament is spirit.
-there are those who God will use to reveal His glory too.
-there are those who He wants to use to reveal His glory through
Get ready to manifest the glory.
-First He is going to hover over you.
-Then He is going to speak to you.
-Then He is going to impregnate you with His glory.
Luke 1:35 God tells Mary
35. The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will over shadow you
Get ready to manifest His glory.
You must be Holy
Consecrate, you don’t qualify for the glory lest you be Holy.
Can God trust you with His glory?
-You have been tested and proven obedient.
18. For I consider that the suffering of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that shall be revealed in us.
-Everyone has not passed the test!
Immature Christians want manifestation with no preparation.
They want the promise without the Holiness, not so.
Manifest His glory.
The glory cloud will hover over you. Means you will change atmospheres by your (His Glory in you) presence alone.
The voice (His words) that is in you will set divine order for the kingdom.
This is the hour of the mature saints.
Those who have been tested and proven obedient.
He can’t release kingdom authority to children.
This is the hour of the sons of God.
Who are the sons of God? Those who are led by the spirit. Romans 8:14.
Samaria M. Colbert Copyright 2010
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.