The Spirit of Jezebel Versus The Spirit of Esther (A Proverbs 31 Woman) 10.9.2017
As promised this blog is a follow up to the previous blog where I talked about the spirit of Ahab. As stated it is a demonic agenda sent by satan himself to emasculate the man. Emasculate means deprive (a man) of his male role or identity. We see this subtle demonic attack in our world in a greater way. Unfortunately, many Christians have fallen prey to the demonic agenda because we have a many Christians who are carnal, fleshly driven. Whenever an individual is carnally driven, they cannot see or perceive the things of the spirit. They certainly cannot see the plan or agenda of the enemy, because his success is based up the spirit of delusion and deception. Just because it looks right, doesn’t mean it is right.
The demonic agenda that is infiltering our world is coming in the form of the feminist agenda. The feminist agenda appears to be about fighting for women’s rights, and equality. Sounds great right? Well if you study further and look at the principles of the perspective it really is based on the spirit of Jezebel. Don’t get me wrong I am not against a women being in positions of power and authority. I am a woman who is very much empowered in ministry, entrepreneurship, and life. We cannot deny the demonic agenda of satan.
God wants and expects women to operate in power, authority, dominion, in ministry, business, and in every area of our lives. However, He never created us to be in competition with a man. He never created us to emasculate them so that we can be in charge.
This is why I write this blog. There is difference between the spirit of Jezebel (feminist agenda) versus a woman who walks in authority designated by the spirit of God. To truly understand this we must understand the difference between Queen Jezebel, and Queen Esther. Esther is not a spirit she was a woman who walked in God's authority. The spirit she walked in was that of a virtuous woman as found in Proverbs 31.
In order for us to get clarity, we must understand the difference between the Jezebel spirit (Queen Jezebel) versus Queen Esther (Proverbs 31). This blog proves that a woman can be in a position of power, authority, kingdom minded while being covered, ordained and sent from God. We have to know the difference, so we are aware of the differences in the demonic agenda versus the Kingdom of God's agenda.
• Both were married to Kings. Esther was married to King Ahasuerus. Jezebelwas married to King Ahab.
• Both had positions of power and authority
• Both had the kings heart.
• Both were beautiful
• Both were leaders
• Both were prophetic
• Both had the power to make decisions
• Both had power and influence
• Both were very intelligent
• Jezebel almost destroyed a nation. Esther saved a nation.
• Jezebel sought power by any means necessary. Esther never sought power but was put in a position of power by God.
Esther 4:14 (KJV)
14 For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father's house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?
• Jezebel was controlling and manipulative.
• Esther was the complete opposite not controlling, not manipulative, quiet, discerning and kind. Esther was a humble woman.
• Esther was honored by God. God despised Jezebel because of her actions.
• Esther was submitted to her leaders including her adoptive father, and husband.
• Jezebel was unsubmitted, she usurped (to take, seize, disregard) her husband’s authority for her own agenda.
• Esther respected her husband’s authority, and didn’t have her own agenda, but had an agenda for God’s kingdom to be saved.
• Jezebel worshipped and served false idols (Baal)
• Esther worshipped and served God.
• Jezebel never sought counsel from others. She only sought other false prophets who would help to advance her demonic agenda.
• Esther sought wise counsel from godly fatherly leaders such as her Uncle Mordecai who was a godly man who honored God with his life.
• Jezebel's father was an idol worshiper.
There is so much more that we can say about their difference. My point is God never made any assumptions that women can’t be powerful, be positions of authority, and influence. If we are going to be women who advance God’s kingdom, are used powerfully to save our nation and our world, we must renounce this feminist agenda (Jezebel’s agenda really) and embrace Esther’s spirit (spirit of the Proverbs 31 woman). Again God wants us to be powerful beyond belief. He doesn’t want us to play politics, disrespect the authority of a man, or leaders, be manipulative or controlling for our own agenda. The remainder of the blog is how to identify the agenda/spirit of Jezebel versus and how to identify the agenda/spirit of Esther. If you want to be honored by God, we must see through the eyes of Esther.
Identifying the Jezebel Spirit in Others
Note you don’t have to have all identified, but if you identify at least of five the traits noted, we know that you struggle with a spirit of Jezebel. Note the Jezebel spirit can be found in both men and women.
• Embraces false god’s, goddesses, African spiritualist, ancient beliefs, tarot cards, psychic mediums, light work.
• Is spiritual but doesn’t identify herself as a Christian. Or if she does identify herself as a Christian she still all the while embraces other spiritual beliefs that are outside of the realm of Christ.
• Difficulty in relationships with men.
• May have been married multiple times.
• Difficulty submitting.
• Calls herself a prophet, a prophetess. If she isn’t embraced or put in a leadership position in the church, she will leave start her own church and give herself a title of prophet, prophetess, apostle and or bishop.
• Plays psychological games to get you or her husband to give her what she wants. She can cry fake tears at the drop of a dime.
• Sexually perverted.
• Embraces LGBT movement.
• Jezebel secretly suffers from church hurt; she was rejected by the church whether it was warranted or not. Because she is secretly hurt whenever something happens in our world whether it be a natural disaster, political unrest, crime, scandal she uses use facebook and social media as a means to subtly, attack the church, Christians, Christian leaders and its members.
• Because of her leadership capability, she is often put in positions of leadership within the church.
• Starts her own church and slowly begins to put seeds of discord in the hearts of others towards their leaders with the agenda of getting people to embrace her and her movement.
• Her ministry is not really about advancing the kingdom of God; rather it is about highlighting her and her own importance.
• Calls herself a “spiritual father” to others. ( Contrary to populate belief a spiritual mother is NOT the same as a spiritual father but both of them have their place within the kingdom of God. A woman is NOT a spiritual Father, NEITHER is a man a spiritual mother. These are two separate but needed positions of authority within the body of Christ. A woman cannot be a spiritual father. A man cannot be spiritual mother.
• Has blatant disregard for the rights of others.
• Secretly jealous and envious of others position of authority particular of another man’s authority.
• Always has a false agenda. She can’t do something out of the kindness of her heart; she does something with the expectation of getting something in return.
• Will use tears as a means of manipulation.
• Co-dependent. Jezebel needs someone with the spirit of Ahab in order for her to be successful. That is why we have this demonic agenda to emasculate the man. Jezebel has to dethrone Ahab’s position for her to push her demonic agenda.
• Secretly envious of other women. (intimidated but she is not going to tell you and will display the opposite.)
• Anytime a woman constantly has other conflicts with other women Jezebel’s spirit is in the midst somewhere.
• Spiritual but not Christian.
• Flesh driven.
• Prideful, arrogant, conceded
• Wants to be on top at all cost.
• Sexually provocative.
• Doesn’t have a true father, father figure. If she does, he is more than likely another Ahab.
• Is married to a man with a position but she is really running the show. (Pastor, co-pastor, etc.)
• Wants to be needed and will create chaos in others in order to be needed.
• Controlling of her grown children.
• Prophetic is often known for her prophetic accuracy and is put in a position of authority within the church. Just because someone is prophetic doesn’t mean God sent them. Jezebel’s prophetic accuracy came from the demonic spirit of Baal.
• Has been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder.
• If Jezebel and Esther lived around the same time. Jezebel would hate Esther because she represents everything she is not. Esther has more power than Jezebel. To Jezebel Esther represents power and position without having to be evil and manipulative to get it.
• When you walk in the spirit of Esther (a proverbs 31 woman) you will be hated by those who have the Jezebel spirit.
Discerning the Spirit of Esther A Virtuous God Fearing, God Anointed Woman
As stated Esther is not a spirit, the spirit that she walked in was the spirit of God. She displayed characteristics a God fearing woman. In order to truly understand the spirit that she walked in we must understand Proverbs 31, which is about a virtuous woman. Virtuous means purity of heart, mind, and spirit. Virtuous means moral character, moral excellence and a righteous heart before God and others with whom she interacts with. If we are going to understand Esther’s spirit, we must consider and understand Proverbs 31. Again if we identify at least give characteristics, we know that this individual encompasses the spirit of Esther, otherwise known as a virtuous woman.
Proverbs 31:10-31Living Bible (TLB)
10 If you can find a truly good wife, she is worth more than precious gems!
11 Her husband can trust her, and she will richly satisfy his needs.
12 She will not hinder him but help him all her life.
13 She finds wool and flax and busily spins it.
14 She buys imported foods brought by ship from distant ports. 15 She gets up before dawn to prepare breakfast for her household and plans the day’s work for her servant girls.
16 She goes out to inspect a field and buys it; with her own hands she plants a vineyard.
17 She is energetic, a hard worker,
18 and watches for bargains. She works far into the night!
19-20 She sews for the poor and generously helps those in need. 21 She has no fear of winter for her household, for she has made warm clothes for all of them.
22 She also upholsters with finest tapestry; her own clothing is beautifully made—a purple gown of pure linen.
23 Her husband is well known, for he sits in the council chamber with the other civic leaders.
24 She makes belted linen garments to sell to the merchants.
25 She is a woman of strength and dignity and has no fear of old age.
26 When she speaks, her words are wise, and kindness is the rule for everything she says.
27 She watches carefully all that goes on throughout her household and is never lazy.
28 Her children stand and bless her; so does her husband. He praises her with these words:
29 “There are many fine women in the world, but you are the best of them all!”
30 Charm can be deceptive and beauty doesn’t last, but a woman who fears and reverences God shall be greatly praised.
31 Praise her for the many fine things she does. These good deeds of hers shall bring her honor and recognition from people of importance.[a]
So she was a powerful woman, but she had the heart for and from God. She is the complete opposite of the spirit of Jezebel. Let us consider some other characteristics of Esther.
• Willing to seek out godly counsel from others.
• Has fatherly godly influence.
• Submitted to leaders that God has placed before her.
• Exhibits strength and honor.
• Honors her husband doesn’t try to overrule his authority.
• Is not self-seeking or self-serving
• Submits to God and His authority
• Advances God’s agenda not her own.
• Doesn’t give herself a title.
• Waits to be honored.
• Waits for divine instructions.
• A righteous heart
• Has standards, won’t compromise them in order to gain success
• Understands who she is in God.
• Successful by her own means, is not co-dependent. She has been favored by God.
• Because her heart is pure before God, God Himself appoints her to positions of power and authority. She never has to disrespect anyone in the process of elevation.
There is so much more that we can say about this topic. However, this blog is already long, and I must bring it to a close. I encourage you to continue to study read I Kings 18 and go on through to see Jezebel and her reign, then read the book of Esther. Compare and contrast what you see. Remember Esther was honored by God, her husband, and a nation. While Jezebel dishonored God, dishonored her husband, who also dishonored God and dishonored a nation.
Again it is not that women can’t be in positions of power, authority and dominion we must go about it God’s way and not the way of Jezebel.
Samaria M Colbert © 2017
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.