The reason why people become jealous or envious of you is because they secretly believe you are not deserving of your success. They compare themselves to who you are and end up feeling insufficient/insecure. It has nothing to do with you rather something they must work out on their own with their therapist. Either way don't play small to make someone else feel big.
Signs someone is jealous:
Recognize that this is a spiritual battle and that no weapon that forms against you shall prosper. Isaiah 54:17
You can't have a healthy relationship with someone who is jealous of you. It's like befriending a giant, deadly, poisonous snake. What are the odds you won't get bit? (slim to none)
3. Dismiss it. Remember what God says about you is what matters. If what they say isn't in line with what God's says dismiss it.
4. Remember God will respond. No we don't wish vengeance on our enemies but also remember vengeance and vindication is a righteous action God gives to His children. Read Psalms 35.
Romans 12:19 King James Version
19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
5. Remember it's a spiritual battle. You can't fight spiritual battles with fleshly weapons. Your enemies are being driven by an evil spirit
Ephesians 6:12 King James Version
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
6. Don't become what they tried to do to you. If you allow it, their actions will only make you better, increase your success and push you into greater. Remember David responded wisely to Saul. (That's why he was able to take the throne despite the king's actions) It can either make you bitter or better but not both. You must choose the better. Reference:
James 1:2-4 (NLT) 2 Dear brothers and sisters,[a] when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. 3 For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. 4 So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.
7. Forgive. Remember forgiveness doesn't mean reconciliation.
Haters, jealous people will come. But how you respond is up to you. When you respond as Christ would want you too, He gets the glory.
8. You don't have to respond. When Jesus was accused, He didn't respond even though there were multiple false witnesses who gathered to accuse Him. Reference Mark 15: 1-5
Book: The Accuser How To Heal When You Have Been False Accused.
By: Dr. Samaria M Colbert
(C) 2021 Dr. Samaria M Colbert